Monday, January 22, 2007

Why My Favorite "Word Processor" is Notepad - Free Cut and Paste Word and Character Counters

Hi Folks

Unlike most folks, my favorite "word processing" program is notepad.

It is the bare naked basic program that has come with every version of windows ever made. As far as features -- it has NONE.

So why do I use it for everything?

Because it is compatible with everything.

In other words, since it does no formatting at all I can take a document created in notepad and paste it into any application I desire.

The "word processors" available out there don't allow that. Since they format everything so beautifully, they are incompatible with each other and with just about every application out there, besides themselves.

Ever try to past a Word document in an online job application? If so then you know exactly what I mean.

Also using notepad exclusively for my original documents means that they are all in the same place on my hard drive. No need to search through dozens of folders to find out where that particular piece of writing is.

Another advantage is that notepad documents (txt files) are TINY. I can keep and back up thousands of them on the smallest pen drive.

Since notepad doesn't have a word counter I use these Java based ones here on my FreeTips.com site when I need to count my document words or characters.

Click Here for the FreeTips.com Online Cut and Paste Character Counter

Click Here for the FreeTips.com Online Cut and Paste Word Counter


Nuff Said

Ed Osworth - FreeTips.com

No comments: